We Are Now Closed For the 2019 Season
Thank you to all those who camped and visited us.
See you in 2020
Whispering Pines RV & Tent Campsite – Mara Lake, BC
Whispering Pines is a family oriented pet friendly RV and tenting campsite located 2 km south of Mara Lake, in the Shuswap of British Columbia. The perfect pit stop from Calgary, Vancouver, or Seattle. Or stay longer, and have a family summer camp vacation. Mini golf, bingo, geo cache, kids bike track, wagon rides, ‘slow and quiet’ spot, something for everyone.
Our campground has been operating for nearly 55 years! It is old school camping (not much is perfectly level so bring levelers and connection extensions!). It is situated on 11 acres of beautiful open grass fields for plenty of room for play, and surrounded by old growth Cedar, Pine and Willows, Walnut, Cherry, Pear, Apple and Plum trees for privacy and shade. We are bordered on the north by Johnson Creek, Highway 97A to the east, and by farmland to the west and south.
Our 2020 season starts May long weekend and closes September 15th, 2020.
Cancellation and Changes Policy:
- 30 days or more notice of cancellation – full refund
- 29-15 days notice of cancellation – 50% refund
- 14 days or less notice of cancellation – no refunds, no exceptions
- No refunds for early departure.
Pets – permitted with following rules:
- Dogs on leash at all times
- No peeing or pooing on the grass fields.
- Walk your dog along the dirt roads to do their business and pick up waste immediately afterwards.
- If your children are walking the dog, they must be able to control them and pick up poop.
- Dogs bark once in a while, but consistent barking will not be accepted.
- We do not have a dog off-leash area (yet).
Tents are not permitted on the same site as your RV unless it is a small tent. The tent must fit within the boundaries of your RV site.
Vehicles and Visitor charges:
Vehicles:One vehicle per site (some exceptions may apply). Extra vehicle parking available for a spot assigned by the office.
Visitors: Due to limited capacity of the park we may not have enough space for day visitors. We charge a visiting fee of $5 per person if using the pool. And they must park in a spot assigned by the office – not at your site. We may limit visitors during high capacity times.
Maximum – 6 people per site.
Family reunions – we have room for family reunions during the month of June until mid July, and then again mid-August to September closing date.
We are proud to offer 10% discounts for veterans and first- responders.
We are located at 11 Hamilton Road, Mara, BC.
Phone 1-250-838-6775 please leave a message
Free WiFi Available at pool/store area only, no WiFi available at sites.