Wildfire Update August 3, 2021 @ 11:30
We Are Open!
- Today is a another smoky day (less than yesterday) from other fires burning in BC.
- NEW The Evacuation Order issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District through the Shuswap Emergency Program for approximately 32 properties in the District of Sicamous due to a wildfire burning near Two Mile Road is hereby rescinded effective Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 08:00 Hours.
- NEW Fire is moving in a northeast direction up and away from town. Rank 2+ fire behaviour primarily observed above the community; however, the fire has not seen wind for 9 days. Although precipitation is in the forecast, winds may become a challenge if it changes the direction of the fire.
- NEW This fire is in challenging terrain and fuel types. Hwy closure in place for responder safety, operations, and falling debris.
- The firefighting effort includes 58 firefighters, three helicopters and 10 pieces of heavy equipment.
- Highway 97A is still closed at Sicamous from the north due to falling debris.
- Access to the campground is from the south.
- We have power (reminder to put fresh water in your RV tanks in case of power outage).
As a reminder:
- No charcoal/briquette burning devices (propane only).
- No smoking except in your campsite – please dispose of your butts responsibly.
- If you are boating on Mara Lake, please stay well away from water bombing operations. Please hug the west shore of the lake.
Please continue to monitor your emails as well as the following websites:
Whispering Pines RV & Tent Campsite – Mara Lake, BC
Please note that COVID19 protocols may limit activities/facilities this season 2021.
Whispering Pines is a family oriented pet friendly RV and tenting campsite located 3 km south of Mara Lake, in the Shuswap of British Columbia. Or stay longer, and have a family summer camp vacation.
Our campground is situated on over 12 acres of beautiful open grass fields for plenty of room for play, and surrounded by old growth Cedar, Pine and Willows, Walnut, Cherry, Pear, Apple and Plum trees. We are bordered on the north by Johnson Creek, Highway 97A to the east, and by farmland to the west and south.
Our 2021 season starts May 25th and closes September 8th, 2021.
The pool opens July long weekend to September long weekend. COVID 19 restrictions may prevent us from opening the pool. We won’t know until early June.
Cancellation and Changes Policy:
|Days||Refund less Non-Refundable Booking Fee|
|46 Days or more||Full Refund|
|45-15 Days||50% refund|
|14 Days or less||No Refund|
|Early Departure||No Refund|
Pets – permitted with following rules:
- Dogs on leash at all times except in the off leash dog area.
- No peeing or pooing on the grass fields.
- Pick up waste immediately..
- If your children are walking the dog, they must be able to control them and pick up poop.
- Dogs bark once in a while, but consistent barking will not be accepted.
Tents are not permitted on the same site as your RV unless it is a small tent. The tent must fit within the boundaries of your RV site.
Vehicles:One vehicle per site (some exceptions may apply). Extra vehicle parking available for a spot assigned by the office $5 per day.
Maximum – 6 people per site.
Family reunions – we have room for family reunions during the month of June, and then again third week in August to September closing date.
We are proud to offer 10% discounts for veterans and first- responders (policy, fire, EHS) all season.
Early season 10% discounts to all May 25 to June 17 2021.
We are located at 11 Hamilton Road, Mara, BC.
Phone 1-250-838-6775 please leave a message (phones are active May 1- Sept 13)
Free WiFi Available at pool/store area only, no WiFi available at sites.